Caroline Jones has an excellent piece on this topic which I am sure all of visitors will want to peruse. Highlights are:
- having sex three times a week could halve your risk of heart attack or stroke.
- having sex once or twice a week has been found to raise your body’s levels of an antibody called immunoglobulin A which can protect you from viral and bacterial infections.
- During sex, the natural steroid DHEA is secreted throughout the body and after an orgasm the level in the bloodstream soars to five times its normal amount. Known as the anti-ageing hormone, high levels of DHEA are thought to keep your body fitter and disease-free, helping you to live longer.
- An Australian study found that people who had an orgasm at least three times a week had a 50% lower chance of dying from any medical reason than those who only climaxed once a month.
- Couples who have sex at least three times a week look more than a decade younger than people who make love less often.
- Thirty minutes of sex burns up to 150 calories per half-hour, which is equivalent to a small glass of wine. If you have moderately active sex twice a week, you’ll burn an extra 15,600 calories a year!
- It also helps you sleep better, reduces stress, eases depression, boosts self esteeem and reduces pain.