Wednesday 8 April 2009

Ageing Tweeters

Well - after my disparaging remarks about Twitter earlier I now discover that in the US it is the 45-54 year olds who are using it the most. Reuters reporter Alexei Oreskovic recently authored an interesting blog post about the demographics of Twitter users. What he discovered was that 18-24 year olds, the traditional social media early adopters, are actually 12 percent less likely than average to visit Twitter. It is the 25-54 year old crowd that is actually driving this trend. More specifically, 45-54 year olds are 36 percent more likely than average to visit Twitter, making them the highest indexing age group, followed by 25-34 year olds, who are 30 percent more likely.

So maybe when I get my next book to the publisher at the end of April I will ask my much younger co-author to teach me how it works. She tweets regularly!

No comments: